Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BBS Chapter 9 Link up



A Heart That Values Being A Mom

I love this chapter and it made me think that it is a privilege to be a mom and it is the greatest thing ever!!!!! And my I know my responsibility to teach God's Word and I need to teach them with my talk and my walk. Cause I know they are watching everything I do.And I need to set a good example.

As we launch into this section, I hope you'll notice that we are moving-in order- through the priorities that God sets down for us in His Word.  Of course, God is Number One, "for in Him we live and move and having our being" (Acts 17:28).  Look again at Titus 2:3-5.  What is the first "topic" (or priority) on the curriculum list that the older women are to teach the younger women?
To love their husbands

And what is the second topic?
their love their children

A Passion for Teaching God's Word

2 Timothy 1:5- Describe Timothy's faith and it's source
It was sincere and it came from his grandmother and mother

2 Timothy 3:15- What is one role that Eunice and Lois played in Timothy's early childhood and what did their teaching accomplish?
Timothy knew the holy Scriptures and it made him wise

A Passion for Teaching God's Wisdom
 
We must place His Holy Scripture first on the list of things our children must know!!!! and first in our hearts. Love this<3
 
The place for teaching God's Word and wisdom- We tend to think first of taking our children to church to be taught God's Word and wisdom, but consider the "classroom scene" God describes in Deuteronomy 6:6-7.
 
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.Impress them on your children.Talk about them when you sit at home and when you lie down and when you get up.
 
What urgent command is given by God to parents?
My heart
 
What four scenes of daily life does God paint as the setting for teaching our children?
1.sit at home
2.walk down the road
3.lie down
4.get up
 
Now for some practical how-to's
I made a list of things I need to do...
1. read bible verses
2. talk about God
3.Prayer time at night before bed
4.listen to songs or read along books
 
Make some serious decisions-Will you or won't you make a commitment to choose to teach God's Word and wisdom to your children?
My commitment to my kids is to teach God's word and wisdom each and everyday so they will know how awesome He is.
 
Recognize your role of teacher- Do you see yourself as a teacher of God's truth to your children?  Or does the thought of teaching them about God make you feel awkward, nervous or incompetent? I think I can with a little help from God. I wasn't never really taught when I was little,so it's taking a little time and praying alot to God to be make it more comfortable for me.
 
Memorize scripture and read the Bible together

I'm going make a book so that we can read over the Scriptures every night. Making learning them fun:)
 
This chapter really spoke to me about my role as a mother and I'm also reading a book called The power of a Positive Mom and everything that I have been reading is all the same.And bible verses are showing up in alot of different places too. It's like God is telling me something.How great is that.
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I loved this chapter! I like your book idea. I am doing that with the Verse of the Week I have been doing. :)

Rebekah said...

You sound like a wonderful mother! I know you are just blessing your children! The book idea sounds aweosme. :)