Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BBS Chapter 2 Discussion

Sneaky Momma Blog Design
The Pursuit of God - Chapter 2 :: A Heart Abiding by God's Word


What meant the most to you from this chapter or what offered you the greatest challenge or inspired you deeply?
I really need to do better on my quiet time. I started out really good,but has gone downhill. So I'm challenging myself to make it better.

*Roots are unseen --- How is your "underground" life, the time you spend abiding in God's Word and prayer out of sight, alone, in secret? Before we move on, search your heart and jot down a few honest answers to this all-important question.
I'm going through the step of...GOOD...BETTER AND BEST!!!!!!

*What is the first word of Psalm 1, a psalm that spends three verses describing a woman (or man) who is flourishing, thriving and blooming?
Blessed

*How does the person of Psalm 1 approach the Word of God according to verse 2a?
Delight in the Law

*And what does she do (verse 2b) with what she finds in God's Word?
Meditates day and night

*Note the results listed in verse 3 that come from time spent in God's Word:
Like a tree planted by a stream of water,yields its fruit in season.Leaf does not wither,and prospers in everything.
*Roots are for taking in - - - Consider again my friend Karen and her time of "taking in" on pages 33-34. Are you more than breathless, frazzled, fretting, and worrying women in that scenario --- or are you more like Karen, recognizing the need to slip away for a few minutes alone with the Lord when tensions mount? Write down an honest answer about how you tend to handle the pressures of life. Consider, too, how those closest to you would answer this question about you!
I'm the frazzled woman!!!!! But I have learned to take a deep breathe and go to the Lord in prayer and ask what to do. Makes things so much better. Because I know the Lord will guide me in the right path.

This is a good time to look at Isaiah 58:11 in your Bible. Here God describes the blessings that will be poured out upon those who seek after God in the right ways. List them here:
The Lord will guide me always
The Lord will satisfy my needs in a sun scorched land
The Lord will strength my bones
I will be like a well-watered garden,like a spring whose waters never fail
How AWESOME is that!!!!!!!


*Roots are for storage - - - When I go through tough and trying times, I try to think of every verse of Scripture that I've memorized that can help me through those trials. Do you have a reservoir of verses hidden in your heart? Can you write down two or three that you could (or do) draw upon for strength and endurance? Thank God for these gems from His Word, and don't forget to share them with others when they're in need of "a word in season" (Isaiah 50:4)
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13
"Love is patient,love is kind 1Corinthians 13:4-8
"If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,even there your  hand shall lead me." Psalm 139:9-10


*Roots are for support --- Is yours a life marked by the repeated need to be constantly staked up, tied up, propped up and straightened up, until the next wind comes along and you topple once again? If so, what will you do today to strengthen your root system in the Lord so that you can profit from the power a network of strong roots provides?
I think my root system is pretty good,but I working on it to get so much stronger. And to get closer to God.

A challenge was issued on page 30 to design a personal time for drawing near to God. Let's do that now, remembering that.....

The redeemed heart longs for communion with God!

First, pick a time --- When do you think you could be most consistent in having a quiet time each day? Examine your schedule and pick a time. (Don't forget to write it on your schedule.)
In the morning after I take the kids to school.

Next, pick a place --- Where do you think you could enjoy the peace and quiet you need for your "quiet" time? (Remember, a door, some privacy, and solitude help!)
On the couch with peace and quiet

And now, pick a plan --- What aids or tools can make your quiet time most meaningful? Reread the suggestions on page 39 to trigger your own ideas.
My Bible,my journal,pen,highlighter

*And now it's time to dream (see pages 39-41)! Jot down today's date and then describe the woman you desire to be spiritually in one year.
2/16/2011-I would like to understand the Bible more and be closer to God.
Be more patience and become a better mom and wife.

Next describe the woman you desire to be spiritually ten years from now.
I want to have a amazing relationship with God and be able to talk to others about their relationship with God. Living a life that God wants me to live.

  A Heartfelt Prayer--Lord, just for today, help me to draw near to You by
Walking beside me,guide my way through every moment of the day.


~~Kelly~~

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Girl, I'm the frazzled woman too. Thankfully I'm learning to completely turn to Him in those situations but it's taking some work. Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Great Post! Thanks so much for linking up!

Laura said...

I am FINALLY finding the time to finish reading what others wrote about this chapter.

I think that the roots are something that all of us need to work on. And if we ever think that we have arrived then we are in trouble. But that's the great thing about Christianity... you can have a strong and awesome root system but it is can always be stronger.