Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BBS...Chapter 5 Link-up

Photobucket

Chapter 5:A Heart That Serves

What meant the most to you from this chapter or offered you the greatest challenge or inspired you deeply?
I loved this chapter...but of course I have loved all of them:)
This chapter inspired me to help my hubby in every way I can and to support him and not hinder him. Like Elizabeth said it's a simple and noble assignment from God and by doing this assignment you will reap rich rewards!!!!!!

Write out Matthew 20:28....
Just as the Son of Man did not come to be serve,but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.


What is the one word that best describes the heart of this verse?
Serve
 
And how does Jesus say this can be accomplished in verses 26 and 27?
who ever wants to become great among you must be your servant and whoever wants to be first must be your slave
 
1.) Make a commitment to help your husband
My commitment to my husband is to be behind him and to support him in everything and ask those 2 simple questions everyday and to be a team with my husband.
 
2.) Focus on your husband
When we first got married I struggled with this and still do from time to time. But I think I have gotten alot better. I'm a SAHM and he works really hard for me to be at home,so I try to make sure I put him first.
 
3.) Ask of your actions, Will this help or hinder my husband?
It will help him,because I'm learning not to nag about certain things.
 
In light of the fact that you are on assignment from God to help your husband, what do you plan to do about this action or attitude?
Ask him those simple questions everyday and not have a attitude when he wants me to do something.
 
**Checklist**Do you see yourself as a team player, free of any competitive actions, thoughts or desires?

If you asked me that a couple of years ago it would have been a big fat NO!!!! But now the answer would be YES!!!!!!!
It's so much more rewarding to be on the same team:)
 
*Is your husband your primary career?
Yes:)
*Is helping your husband your heart's primary concern and the main focus of your energy?
Yes
 
*Have you committed your life and your heart to following God's plan for you, His plan that you help and not hinder your husband?
Yes after reading this chapter and learning over time.
 
A Heartfelt Prayer
Lord,just for today enable me to be a helper to my husband by being a team with him and making him my main priority everyday.
 
~~Kelly~~
 
 

2 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

I really needed to read this today. I need to be a better wife. I'm kinda bitchy sometimes. I have the opportunity to stay at home also but I get frustrated when I don't get any "ME" time. Some days are better than others. I need to work on being a team player! =) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great Post! This chapter really hit me that I too need to be a much better team player! Thanks for linking up:)